The short version? We are an Outdoor Education Centre, situated in the remote village of Ardentinny, where your class or group can experience a wide range of challenging, educational and exciting outdoor activities. We see the great outdoors as a place to inspire and motivate; a context for exploring and developing personality and relationships. And we want to help our visitors make the most of their stay.
Different from most outdoor centres, we are a registered charity. That means that we work in order to give every child the possibility to enjoy the benefits of outdoor education. We do not work for profit, our only motive is to help build young people’s confidence and help them realise their potential.
We are a team of experienced professionals, with an unparalleled track record of working in the outdoors with young people and adults, which means we can guarantee that you will get an excellent, exciting and safe experience out of your stay with us.
But maybe most importantly, we love what we do, and we will do everything we can to transmit our passion and pride of the great outdoors to our visitors!
We want young people to be able to develop their full potential through outdoor education – That’s why we deliver excellent, safe, accessible and affordable residential outdoor courses for schools and other groups.
- The health, safety and well-being of our visitors is at the core of everything we do
- We offer a warm, welcoming environment to all our visitors
- Everyone in our team is patient, compassionate and empathetic in order to ensure every visitor feels valued, welcome, accepted and cared for
- All our instructing work is aimed at providing new and exciting experiences, challenging activities and a motivating environment to encourage, empower and help our visitors grow both physically and emotionally
- We love what we do, and we do everything we can to transmit our enthusiasm to our visitors
- As a non-profit organisation, we are here to offer an outstanding service that will improve the lives of our visitors – Not to make money
- Discrimination of any kind has NO place in Ardentinny: no matter what the needs of our visitors are, we will do everything we can to ensure that the same outstanding service and the ability to participate is provided for one and all
- The ability to do the job is the only selection criteria for staff at Ardentinny Centre, with no importance placed on age, gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity or religion
- Trust, honesty, patience and respect can be expected from every member of our team
- Our staff are valued as individuals, as team members, and as partners in a shared endeavour
- We care, and educate our visitors, about environmental issues, because we want to convey our respect and appreciation of the natural environment
- When staying with us, visitors can be sure that our instructors will be experienced and qualified, and that the responsibility of health, safety and quality issues is in the hands of experts
- Internal affairs are handled with respect, care and professionalism, by ensuring clear communications and by listening to and respecting what the members of our team say and think
To diversify our offerings in terms of environmental education, personal development, and outdoor activities, in order to manage having the centre open and fit for purpose 365 days a year, while staying true to the ideas and the principles that define Ardentinny Centre.